We concluded our first topic on the ReIgnite series – God’s Love.
To recap from all three talks on God’s Love:
God’s love for us is both EROS and AGAPE.
He loves us with a passionate and single-minded love. He is committed and faithful to us.
Misconceptions and wrong images of God could be caused by:
our relationship with our earthly father
myths about God (angry tyrant, cosmic cop, universal killjoy to name a few)
deceptions of the Evil One
separation from God caused by our sins
We need to let go of these misconceptions and myths to receive freedom and be open to God’s love.
We are invited to open our hearts to God (let Him perform heart surgery!).
This involves healing of past hurts.
Challenges in living out God’s Love:
1. Forced images of love (i.e. from media, world)
2. People around us (attitudes, actions)
3. Ourselves (Do I really know what God’s love is? You can’t give what you don’t have.)
4. Enemy (trying to pull us away from God’s love)
What can we do?
1. Begin with our relationship with God
– Go to Him like a child.
– Let him mould you.
– Every time we go to the Lord, we allow His divinity to change our humanity.
– Let Him love you.
– Try to be modelled to the Holy Family (Mary and Joseph)
– Obedience to God.
– Take Jesus as the model.
– Family is a place to nurture love.
– God calls us to love.
– Best place to practice what God teaches us.
– God chose us to be there.
– Fraternal correction done in brotherly and sisterly love.
We are blessed to have a faithful Father who loves us UNCONDITIONALLY!
As part of our prayer journey, please read and reflect on Deuteronomy 7:9
“Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations” (ESV)
The next topic will be on Sin and Salvation.
17 August: Sin and Salvation Part I
24 August: Sin and Salvation Part II
Mark your calendars!